Young At Heart says...
It is now approaching August which means hot and humid days here in the Cape Fear. So, what is one to do to stay cool?
OK, I have to admit that I have resorted to some strange ways to beat the heat. Some I will post, some I will not. I have been known to stuff ice cubes on body parts approaching 102 degrees, put my head under a faucet (and yes public ones at times), drink ice cold anything in the hopes of reducing the raging heat, sit in front of an a/c unit, take a cold shower, and dare I not forget, sleep, sleep, sleep in the hopes of waking to beautiful temperatures. (No wonder I have such nightmares during the summer).
There are many things to do in the Cape Fear to keep cool. Some even for free! So here goes the list...
* A Day at the movies
* Bowling (OK YAH can't do this personally but I used to love bowling)
* Attend a play or performance at Thalian Hall
* Go out to dine at one of your favorite places or one of ours
* Grab a cold dessert like The Fuzzy Peach
* Walk Carolina Beach Boardwalk in the evening (provided a breeze is a stirring)
* Read a local author: Abigail Arrington, Sheila Webster Boneham (Ph.D.), Clyde Edgerton, Daniel Ray Norris, Joseph Funderburg, and Theodore Alexander Fouros
* Hit a local public pool
* Spend the day at Jungle Rapids water park
P.S. What are your ways to stay cool?