Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

No-Fo Market and Cafe



Hearts: One of the best cake dessert spots so far in Wilmington, huge servings, wide menu selection
Farts: Ummm...maybe that you don't know what desserts they have until you get there

Young At Heart says...

No-Fo is one of the best cake dessert locations around...no fooling. I am not the cake lover here but I will say they have a terrific selection of cakes in my book!

This treasure of a spot has not only ambiance but a lovely lunch selection. Immediately upon entering you are surrounded by a chic gift shop containing a wide variety of items.  Included in this area are items for children, bed and bath items, books and cd's and my favorite a large selection of chocolate delicacies.

Around the corner you go and immediately you feel as if you are going down under the sea.  From ceiling to floor the theme is swimming with unique ocean items.  It gives this eatery a special ambiance that is both relaxing and yet intriguing.

On this outing, I ordered the grilled chicken salad which consisted of grilled chicken breast atop mixed greens, fresh oranges, red onions, spiced pecans and goat cheese served with a side of balsamic vinaigrette.  They have made this salad their own with the fresh oranges and spiced pecans. The serving size is huge!! I wound up taking 1/2 of it home as I was ordering dessert.

For dessert your server will give you a breakdown of choices as their cake selections change. On this day I had a delicious lemon and blueberry cake with cream cheese frosting.  I would go back just for this cake! It was moist and the blueberries fresh not canned. I think I have found our dessert heaven in this little gem of a treasure down under the sea!

Young Old Fart is buried in textbooks this week, so I will just post her luncheon pics for you to see.

Keeping with her healthy eating trend, barring our Fridates for desserts, she selected this entree which consisted of mahi mahi atop a large portion of grilled veggies.  I do know that she finished it all and said it was delicious.



For dessert she selected a banana cake with butter cream frosting. She said that butter cream was a tad too sweet but balanced with the cake. In her opinion she would have preferred it topped with cream cheese frosting. And the main suggestion she had for the restaurant is to figure out a way to serve the cakes at room temperature.  Because many of the cakes ingredients require refrigeration, we received the cakes directly from the frig. Unfortunately this takes away from their consistency and tends to make the cakes not a moist as they could be if they were served room temperature.

But...this will not keep me from coming back. I WILL be back for that yummy cake I had. Even Young Old Fart said I got the best out of the two :-)

Cream cheese kisses,
Young At Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment