Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Pressing Matter: Press 102 Restaurant Review



Hearts: Affordable, local ingredients, wonderful panini selection. 
Farts: Limited inside seating and closed on Tuesdays

Young At Heart says...

Just about a block from the lovely Cape Fear River in downtown Wilmington,  Press 102 can be found.

A Florida friend of mine was visiting and while taking a historical walking tour of Wilmington, we were fortunate to get referred to this gem of a restaurant by three lovely business woman headed over there for lunch.  Originally my intention was take my friend to the Brewery but after their rave reviews from these loyal locals…I was hooked.

The atmosphere is cozy but upscale.  Definitely reminiscent of my NY soho days but fitting for downtown Wilmington. We were the last to fill up the inside of the restaurant which attests to its popularity with the local business crowd. Immediately I started perusing their menu. Lots and lots to choose from for lunch.

I choose a soup and salad combo. The squash soup was pleasantly flavored and tasted delicious. My salad was traditional mixed greens sided with wedges of tomato and topped with fresh cheese. I have to admit that there were many items on their lunch menu that I wished to try. The chief incorporates fresh herbs and locally acquired fare in his menus selections. The Panini selection is impressive as well as a choice of seven salads that one can top with blackened chicken or salmon for an additional charge.

My friend ordered their quiche of the day with a side of fresh fruit. Her asparagus quiche was also flavorful (we always share). Hats off to this local chef's well presented plates with a wide menu selection for lunch.

Of course I ended with dessert.  A lovely warm brownie clothed in vanilla ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce. Yum is all I can say!

They are open Wednesday - Sat - 8 am until…and Sunday for brunch from 9am - 3pm.

I will be going back for sure!  And I am adding this one to my "guest" list…my future guests are sure to be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment