Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Tranquil Harbor: The Arboretum



Hearts: FREE (they do accept donations and I highly recommend it), huge gold fish you can feed for 25 cents, handicap accessible, great spot for a mini family vacation, photo buffs, artists, picnic lunches and all proceeds from the gift shop go to support the arboretum.

Farts: Difficult to make a left exiting the parking lot

Young At Heart says...

It has been too long...way too long since my last post. Unfortunately, I have been sick with my rheumatoid arthritis and can only hope that things will improve.

Finding The Arboretum has helped me to attain the peace and tranquility to begin once again. The Arboretum is not only an educational spot but a lovely getaway to rejuvenate the soul. And it's FREE!

From the moment I entered the seven acres, I knew I had found an oasis. The Arboretum does offer an opportunity to see what best grows in our local area and the different garden landscapes confirms that everyone can have a green thumb. And if you need any help, this is the place to ask your questions. You can also volunteer to help with the gardening.

I am not sure which beautiful garden is my favorite....



The exquisite rose garden that offers every possible hue of the rainbow



including Old Fart's favorite, yellow roses.



Or the huge man made mini lake that features this ferocious dragon. And some mighty big gold fish that you can feed for a quarter. What a great outing for children!



Walk a little ways and one will find hidden treasures everywhere.



And for the little ones, there is a unique children's garden that features everything in pint size proportions. Be sure to check out the inside of the little house....surprises await!



The garden gets an A for handicap accessible and even features an ability garden. I learned a few new things to make gardening easier with my arthritis.


I love gardening but they have done such a spectacular job, I think I will employ the KISS principle and just move my home over to The Arboretum.


Dirty KISS,
Young At Heart

P.S. If you are a die heart gardener, you can buy plants here as well. Proceeds go to support the Ability Garden.






1 comment:

  1. wow, this is magnificent, I felt like crying just looking at the peacefulness I long to feel despite RA. That atmosphere is what everyone needs to be eveloped by the love that nature/horticulture provide. I'm going to use one of the pictures as a desktop background on my computer! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete